Writing Summit Series: Hallie Ephron Online
Register to receive join link and password
Join us to discuss the writing craft with New York Times bestselling author Hallie Ephron. Greenwich Library's program series "Summit Series" intends to bring exceptional writers to the library to speak and complement ongoing writing programs.
We'll learn about the writing craft, developing Plot and Character, and the career of a beloved mystery and suspense author. Gain insight into starting your story, the difficulties faced, and the challenges of getting published. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with Hallie after the talk.
Hallie Ephron's most recent suspense novel, Careful What You Wish For (August 2019), with its echoes of Marie Kondo's life-changing decluttering tips, explores the relationships built by professional organizers and their clients — showing just how easily the lines between professional and personal can be blurred.
In a starred review, Publisher’s Weekly called it “outstanding.” Reviewing it for TIME magazine, Jamie Lee Curtis wrote, Careful What You Wish For is not scary–it’s thrilling and suspenseful. … And I found a compelling companion to Emily, a modern-day grown-up Nancy Drew in a sh-tty car and a ponytail, as she searches for her own purpose while hunting down the perpetrator of the emerging crime. She is a friend we would all want to keep – messes included.”
Take a look at her additional publications (including audiobooks) in our library catalog.
Additional Careful What You Wish For reviews:
- "If it doesn't bring you joy...get rid of it before it drags you into a murder investigation." -Kirkus
- “This character-driven thriller is compulsively readable.” -Stop, You're Killing Me
- "With smooth dialog and a title that is a good representation of the storyline, Ephron offers a great "murder swap" mystery reminiscent of the 1951 Hitchcock classic Strangers on a Train. Recommended for those who love puzzling, unpredictable mysteries with a little lesson in professional organizing on the side." -Library Journal
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.